Table: please feel free to comment on entries and results on Airscene forums
RULES: (Airscene rules comply with Pro-Imaging Bill of Rights for photography competitions)
1) Each entrant (or household) may submit a maxium of 2 entries for shortlisting. Entrants must submit at least one entry taken at an airshow in 2009, however the second entry may have been taken during the 2008 season. *For clarification - entries are accepted if they have been taken at a public airshow or any publicised event with a scheduled air display, and must be searchable on the internet. Fly-pasts are not included as scheduled air display, and incidentally neither are model aeroplane displays.
2) Entries which are "too similar" to a previously shortlisted entry will not be accepted for shortlisting. Due to shortlisting being carried out in batches, the earliest entry in any batch shall be eligible for shortlisting, and the later entrant will be offered the opportunity of submitting an alternative.
3) Entry subject matter is limited to aircraft only (static or display). All other images will be rejected.
4) Each entry must be accompanied by the entrants name and address OR mailing list number.
5) Entries must be a maximum of 1MB in size. The calendar uses a 2 x 1 landscape format (2250px * 1125px), therefore this is the recommended format for submission, however any format which can be cropped to meet the requirements of the calendar may be submitted, with the exception of vertical formats. Please use the box below for reference, or check previous edition of the calendar. Please ensure a minimum file size of 250kb.
6) No entry will be accepted if it has appeared anywhere else on Airscene(including forums), has been entered in any other Airscene competition past or present, or if it is available for sale at any time during the course of this competition.
7) Submission of your entry is taken as assurance that the work is your own, and was taken no earlier than 1st January 2008.
8) Any entries found not to be the work of the entrant (stolen or otherwise) will be disregarded and the entrant banned from further participation.
9) Prize winners contact details will only be passed on to competition sponsors for the purpose of delivering prizes. Airscene DOES NOT share your contact details with 3rd parties in accordance with the Data Protection Act. Your details will however be added to the Airscene mailing list in order to provide competition updates and news.
10) This competition is open to anyone (amateurs and professionals alike - although entries must not be for sale at any time during this competition) and regardless of location. Entries from outside of the UK are welcomed of course, however Airscene will NOT guarantee prizes to anyone outside of the UK. Non UK entries will still receive points and receive appropriate credit in accordance with all other rules of this competition. Prizes which are marked with (UK) are available only to winners in the UK. Prize distribution will be subject to this restriction.
11) Confirmation of prize winners addresses may be requested prior to any prize distribution, however it is the responsibility of the entrant to update Airscene.
12) Judging process: All entries received go through 2 judging phases. Initially each entry received will be *evaluted by Airscene and displayed on this page if succesfully shortlisted. Entrants will be notified. Finally after the close of the competition (30th September 2009) all entries will be judged by a panel of 6 judges, each awarding points to the 12 entries they consider to be the best. The 12 entries with the highest number of points will all appear in the 2009 Airscene Calendar, and prizes awarded as per the prize list below. Selected entries will also appear on the accompaniying screensaver.
13) Judges: This years panel will consist of aviation author Anne Millbrooke, representatives from at least 3 of our other sponsors and 3 Airscene judges.
14) Airscene rights to reproduction of submitted (and subsequently shortlisted) entries is strictly limited to that stated in rule 12 above. Airscene competition partners will be granted no rights whatsoever from any entrant without that entrants prior permission.
*Note that evaluating for shortlist is often carried out in batches, and as such you may not be notified for a week or two after submission.
15) Prizes (subject to change as more prizes are received)
ALL PRIZES STATED ARE AVAILABLE TO NON-UK ENTRANTS
Prizes for 9 runner up places:
3rd runner up - any Just Flight product up to £30 in valuecourtesy of Just Flight + Showcase on Airscene
4th runner up - any Just Flight product up to £30 in valuecourtesy of Just Flight
5th runner up - Icom branded Flash memory stick courtesy of Icom UK Ltd
6th runner up - Icom branded Flash memory stick courtesy of Icom UK Ltd
7th runner up - Icom branded Flash memory stick courtesy of Icom UK Ltd
8th runner up - Icom branded Flash memory stick courtesy of Icom UK Ltd
9th runner up - Icom branded Flash memory stick courtesy of Icom UK Ltd
*Note that no individual will receive more than one prize